Experience Counts

The three calls you should make after a motor vehicle accident

On Behalf of | Apr 21, 2022 | Personal Injury |

Getting into a car accident is a disorienting and confusing time for any accident victim. Trying to secure compensation by yourself to cover the thousands of dollars in medical bills and other expenses is not easy, but you can get the help you need. In fact, there are several people who can help you after a crash; and the three people you should call are:

The police

After a serious accident, the police can help you in many ways. They can help block off the accident area, collect witness testimony and document the scene of the crash, clean any debris from the accident, and provide you with a police report that you can use in your compensation claim. They can also help you get any medical attention you may need from a paramedic or help you get to the hospital.

Your insurance agent

Before your insurance agent can begin their work to help you get the compensation you need, they need to know about the accident. Call them at your soonest availability to report the accident and get the ball rolling. However, before you start providing details about your accident, you have one more call you need to make.

Your attorney

A personal injury attorney can represent you through your claim while you rest and recover. Their guidance can negotiate with insurance agents to maximize your compensation, avoid mistakes that can cost you the money you deserve, and shorten the time it takes for you to receive the payment you need to make ends meet during your recovery.

Do not go through your claim alone

The police, your insurance and your attorney can all help you pursue the best recovery possible after your accident, but before you accept a settlement offer, make sure you have people on your side to help you through your compensation claim.